Friday, January 31, 2014

2014! January Recap

2014
Well, I failed in 2013 for keeping things updated on the blog.
I have good intentions but I hate going out of order.
I'm trying to let go of that.  I would rather have something written down than nothing.
I love the books that I have finished and really want to do more.  The stories are so fun to go back and read.  Much better than just a picture!  I do love a good picture though.
I'm not sure what is going to happen this year.  I may do one post for a month in review.  I may have a month with lots of pictures and stories.  I'm going with it.

January
I think 2014 is going to be great!
I have made a few goals for myself.  But nothing that I am starting until the kids go back to school.  They don't go back until the 6th.  I love having them home but I'm getting ready to be back on a normal schedule!  We have been able to have some extra fun though.  Blake took time off between Christmas and New Years so we got to relax and play with him around.
We went and saw the new Disney movie Frozen.  I loved seeing it with Piper.  She gets very emotionally involved with her shows.  It has just been in the last couple of weeks that she has even started watching a show.  Now she loves them.  But during Frozen she was calling out names and getting worried for them.  Love her little heart!
We went to Classic one day and basically had the rink to ourselves.
These two little girls are so cute together.  So fun to watch.  They are very independent and rode their plasma cars to the other side of the rink only to discard them and sit and talk.  Oh how I wish I could understand all they say, at least most of the time!
But school did start again.  So did homework.  But again, I like the schedule.
Blake wore these socks...
and I laughed.  
Before Christmas I saw them, or something very similar, and pointed them out to my mom and said something smart like, I should buy these for Blake.  We had a great laugh thinking there was no chance ever that he would actually wear them.
He did.  Tyson gave them to him for Christmas, so I guess that makes them cool.
Piper discovered cookies are meant to be dipped.  And you need one in each hand alternating bites in each one.
We finally got some snow.  The kids all love to be out in it.  They each got their own shovel for Christmas and came out to help.
Piper shoveled for a long time then I thought she was giving up when she went into the garage.  I soon found out that her boots weren't fancy enough for the snow.
She put on my heels.  That stubborn little girl stayed out in them shoveling for close to an hour.
This sweetheart wanted to do service.  She went and shoveled the neighbors and learned service is still service even if others come and help.
One of my goals is to make breakfast for my family 2 times a week.  I figured I should make it realistic for myself, start small.  It has been met with a few smiles and lots of tears.  Some would rather eat cereal.
Piper turned 2!
She was absolutely delightful on her birthday.
She loved all the attention.  She loved the presents!  She loved all the Minnie Mouse stuff.  We are smitten with this ball of energy.  She loves Minnie Mouse, Tinkerbell, her Lovey, and playing with Z and Cambrie, to name a few.  I don't know what Piper wished for but I know Blake and I love this little girls personality, her determination, and her soft loving side.  Our wish would be for her to not grow out of them!
Blake spent some time in Cabo for work.  I'm grateful for how hard he works for us.  I also know he doesn't love to travel but I'm glad he takes a few minutes sometimes to enjoy where he is.  He took this picture one evening.  I think it looks like a magazine picture.  It's beautiful!
While in Cabo Blake sat by a gentlemen that looked a lot like Santa himself.  Finally someone asked the man if he knew who he resembled.  He let out a chuckle and said yes he knew.  He then handed out some cards with his name on it.  It was Santa!  He said every year on Christmas day he and his wife, Mrs. Claus, hop on an airplane and spend a month in the warmth and sun of Cabo San Lucas.  What a treat!
Last but not least, Cambrie has been working so hard on her 2nd grade job fair.  She drew the job of a crop duster.  That one was a little harder than some of her friends.  But she did a great job!
She had to present her report to her class mates and act as if she were a true crop duster.  They got to ask her any questions about her job and she answered them without any pauses.

2 comments:

Kate Johnson said...

I love the updates! So fun to keep up with your adorable family. And when are you going to get to go with Blake and enjoy those sunsets?!

contentw2 said...

Way to go! You updated! So sweet...I love Cambrie's job!