Today while we were in the car Cambrie said to me,
"Mom, I have my mouth open. See?!"
me: "Yeah, I see. Why do you have your mouth open?"
me: "Yeah, I see. Why do you have your mouth open?"
"So I am ready."
me: "Ready for what?"
"To get the yellow slug bug!"
We are still playing the slug bug game in the car. It's a game everyone can play and enjoys. It's really hard not playing even when I am alone in the car. I know Blake plays because occasionally I will get a text with a picture included of a bug. I know my mom plays too. Do you?Cambrie knows where a few bugs hangout. (There is a pink bug on the south side of the freeway before the Antelope exit when you are headed north. It's parked in some apartments. There is a green bug in our neighborhood. A yellow bug at the high school.) So I guess she has a great plan to keep her mouth open and ready so she can yell it the fastest. It's hilarious looking back at her in the car with her mouth all poised!
Something else that makes our game a little unique is the kids, usually Cambrie, choose a color to be the 2 point slug bug of the day. First thing when we get in the car the 2 point slug bug gets announced. Then everyone is on the lookout for ANY bug but especially the 2 point one. Zane is good at spotting them too. Sometimes he even beats us.
1 comment:
We would play that game when we were little too. The two point slug bug is a good idea!
Post a Comment