Friday, October 7, 2011

Lessons learned

This kid makes me laugh and think.
Laugh:   The other day while I was getting myself all ready Zane came running in with the stool.  He promptly set it down right in front of the sink.  Where I was trying to be.  He climbed up on it and looked at me.  Then lifted his shirt turned to me so our tummies were close and said,

Think:  While we were at Sam's Club I walked down the book isle.  Zane wasn't paying me much attention, he had found the movies and was looking at the ones he had and wanted.  A second later he came running up with a book in his hand saying,
 "Dad has this one!" 
 Which he does, it was the book he is currently reading.  It's sitting on his night stand.  I never would have thought that Zane had ever given it a second look let alone be able to recognize it at the store. 
So it got me thinking.
How much do these kids pick up that I never meant for them, or cared that they know?
How careful as parents do we have to be?
Extremely.
Now the book isn't bad by any means.  I don't want anyone to get the wrong idea here.  It's just a simple thing that made me think.
Our kids are precious.  What they see and hear, no matter how small, can leave an impression.
That's what I got out of it all.
Thanks for reading!

3 comments:

Jordy and Stephy said...

Wow since I last got on here you have a whole new look! It looks great! Your tummy story is hilarious. And you are right....they pick up way more than we account for , and say younger than we expect. I hope I can remember this and concentrate on acting in a way I want them to remember and representing the savior even to my little children at home alone! Thanks for the thoughts you are so right.

Drew and Aubrey said...

Amen! That is all I can say...we have been talking a lot about this in one of my classes too :)

Michelle said...

Zane is so cute and so smart. It's true that we have to be extremely careful to what we expose our kids do. What a cute post. Thanks for sharing :).