Monday, October 17, 2011

It's a Dirty Job

This past weekend Blake decided to get busy in the yard.  He took Friday off and mowed, pulled out the garden and rented a sod cutter.
A sod cutter fit right in, doesn't it?!
We tackled our wonderfully sloped backyard.  When I say we, it's Blake his brothers and Dad.
Hopefully we won't have anymore water in the basement.
The boys:  examining the area.  We bought a window well extender.  At least that's what I am calling it. 
See how nicely it all drains right to the window?
Between Blake, Nate, and Zane, they got all the grass cut out and rolled up by the time it was dark.
Cambrie was the official picture taker of the night.  I laughed when I saw a few of them.  But this one was cute-
Saturday the boys showed up in force and worked their magic.  I am extremely grateful for all of them.  It's so nice when someone is so willing to help.  I know I wasn't of any help!  They got it all done, and it looks great!
I was amazed to see how much the new window well got covered.  I thought a little more of it would show!  I'm so glad to have this project finished before the winter sets in.

6 comments:

Charlotte said...

Wow! That looks much improved. I hope for your sake that it solves all your flooding woes.

Drew and Aubrey said...

Looks good! I hope it quits flooding!!!! The carpet shouldn't "blow up" more than once!

Michelle said...

So glad you got that problem fixed :). What a good hubby and family you in laws you have!

Kate Johnson said...

Way to go! That is awesome. So great to have helpful men in the family!

Jordy and Stephy said...

oh Good! this looks awesome! the picture cambrie took of her shadow is adorable haha little poser! and of course you werent much help! This is the time for you to soak up the fact you can't be of much help!!

Gayle said...

YaY! I'm so glad you got it taken care of! But I'm sad that Barry wasn't there to help you - we just got home from a week in California. I'll let him know it's all done now......