I know the whole saying,
Early to Bed, Early to Rise...
Makes a Man Healthy, Wealthy, and Wise,
but 7:40 might just be a little too early.
Tonight Blake beat all three kiddos to sleep. Poor guy was exhausted. It's been a really busy week for him. I don't think he has made it to bed before 2 a.m.
I'm so grateful for a husband that works hard and cares about his work. He cares about the quality of work he gives. He is always willing to help others around him as well. He gives his all to what ever he is working on. I think those are great qualities.
Almost 10 years ago when we were sealed I was asked to say something I loved about Blake. I said something along those same lines. I loved how Blake gave his all to the things he did, he was a hard worker and determined to do his best. I still love him for that. Even when I get frustrated because he doesn't get the sleep he needs, or when he forgets to eat. (Who forgets to eat? Really?? I have no problem with that one!) The week is almost over and hopefully back to a more normal pace.
1 comment:
Sept 2010 in my blog has a picture of me with the number art in the background. If you would like one closer up or straight on I would love to get one for you. No problem at all!
First off, I bought the canvas at Ben Franklin (now Bennion crafts). The prices are lower than michaels but you cannot use a coupon on them I don't think. My canvas is like 2 1/2 feet by 3 feet or so. More or less.
I for the most part followed the pattern of PB's...which is why I not only have my kids birthdays but our anniversary (didnt have enough numbers). I loved the sideways letter but you could do it however you want. I think a critical part is to have some of the numbers slightly come off the canvas, if you know what I mean. Just a snitch. It looks artsy.
To get the shape of the nubmers I typed with a huge font and then traced on my computer screen. Then cut out and put on canvas. The numbers are all diff sizes but they're huge. In some cases the font wouldnt get big enough so I'd use the curves or general shape from the biggest font available and lengthen the straight part...like on the big 4 in the corner. Make sense? It takes lots of trial and error. Pick the pattern you want and start with one and build it from there.
I would paint the canvas all black and then trace with a pencil...pencil shows really well on a black background and you can cover it with the white paint or even just erase it later if needed.
If you have any questions, give me a ring or email me. Phone is (801)544-5176 and email is Annieb678910@hotmail.com. I'm sure you'll make a masterpiece with no problem at all! ;)
BTW I love your blog. You're such a great mom and wife. ;)
Post a Comment