Thursday, February 19, 2009

OUCH!

The start of our Valentines Celebrations...Her version, "Daddy hit me with his shovel." Very direct and to the point.
Her version after some coaching from Daddy, "Daddy hit me with his shovel. I was behind him and he didn't see me."
Poor Daddy.
Poor Cambrie.
They had been outside for a couple hours shoveling snow. Blake said he remembers thinking to himself, I'm so glad nothing has happened! She hasn't slipped on any ice, hasn't got hurt in any way! Then BAM! On the very last part of the sidewalk the little incident occurred.
Cambrie has a nice cut on her nose and eyelid. Nothing major though. No stitches and really it didn't bleed much! The picture doesn't show the color off very well. Her first black eye. She loves showing it off to people! That's my brave little girl!

5 comments:

Kate Johnson said...

Poor Cambrie! I hope it heals quickly.

Gayle said...

Ouch! Poor baby! I hope neither one of them was too traumatized by the event!

Tyler and Julia said...

Aw, poor girl! Aubrey's had a black eye before, too. Both Tyler & I have accidentally tripped over, stepped on, and knocked both of our kids over before, mostly because they've been right behind us & it was just too late to notice them. What a trooper Cambrie is!

Christina said...

Poor thing!! At least she made it almost 3 years w/o a black eye! Savy only made it about 4 months! (she dropped a phone on her face!) Good thing Blake did some coaching!!! :)

Michelle said...

I love how when I asked Cambrie what happened to her eye she said, "My daddy hit me". What a cute little girl. I'm sorry about her eye but her black eye does look pretty tough :). It was so fun having you guys over today!... So I guess I forgot to add you to my blog list, that's why I haven't seen when you update. But now you're on there!