Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Ooh La La

It's Birthday time!
The day started out beautifully with Blake coming home from work 15 min. after leaving.  He came delivering fresh flowers for Cambries on her special day.  She is having a tea party and needed pretty flowers to put on the table.  (How sweet is he?!)  Cambrie thought that was pretty special. 
Then for the next few hours we got everything ready for 10 little girls to have a tea party.  We made itty bitty cupcakes, sandwiches, and dips.  We decorated with doilies, and set special name tags for each person. 

Everything was all set up and so pretty we couldn't eat lunch here.  So off we went to meet daddy for a lunch of Cambrie's choosing.  Arby's, I was surprised but very pleased because it's close and I was running out of time to get everything done!
All the girls showed up in their fanciest attire, looking magnificent-if I do say so myself.  We had our little tea party and tried drinking our punch with pinky's up.

I tried having the girls play a few games.  It kind of bombed when the group saw our play set.  They all wanted to play on it instead.  After trying to keep everyone gathered and playing the games I had planned, I finally gave up.  They were all very happy, so why not?
Later that night we had a family party for Cambrie.  She is one spoiled girl!  We ate Parfaits, which is fancy for ice cream sundaes, as Nancy says.  It's so fun that Cambrie's Great Grandparents try to make it to our parties.  I remember my Great Grandma coming to my birthday parties when I was little, I think it's special.
Another special gift was from Nana.  A couple of months ago Cambrie asked her to make a Repunzel dress.  Nana loves details.  Nana made an amazing dress.  She studied this dress.  It's beautiful.  This picture doesn't do it justice.  I will have to try and take another with better light, if the sun ever comes out again!  Before the dress was given to her Blake made her turn around with her eyes closed then he took it out of it's wrapping.  She was so excited!

When the night was finally at it's end and Cambrie was saying prayers, she was thanking Heavenly Father for each present individually.  Then she said,
"This is the BEST day of my LIFE."
It makes it all worth it right then.  All the work and planning, is totally worth seeing how happy she was.  How much her little face glows when she talks about it.  Yep, I'll do it again.  She is already planning what her 6 year old party will be. 
Can't we enjoy 5?

5 comments:

rylissite said...

That dress is gorgeous! What an amazing gift. She's so cute! I can't believe how old she is! Happy birthday to her!

Gayle said...

My, my, MY! What a great mother you are Melissa - to plan such a special day for Cambrie! She'll remember it forever and all the hard work will be worth it!

The Monson Family said...

What a cute party idea! She is such a cutie. That dress is beautiful; what a lucky girl!

Tyler and Julia said...

Oh my word, Cambrie's 5 now?!?!? I can't believe it! It doesn't seem like that long ago you were still pregnant w/ her! I can't believe how fast time goes when you have kids. The party looked so cute too. Kudos to Blake for bringing the fresh flowers too! :)

Michelle said...

What a fun birthday party! Cambrie is soo cute! Can't believe she's already 5! Time flies!!! You're such a cute Mom!