We started our summer off just right. A week of Cambrie and ballet. She was so super excited to be able to show everyone her dance and be on the big stage. I was nervous for! Tuesday we spent the day up at the Browning Center at Weber State. They went through their dance a few times, helped them know where to stand on the stage. I didn't know how she would do once she got on stage. She was wonderful!
Cambrie the little dwarf with the red scarf on.
She only hesitated for one minute as we were walking up there for her staging rehearsal. But once she got up there, she was all smiles. And that was Rehearsal!
Cambrie and Shayla in their shovel pose.
Then later that night she got to practice with the orchestra. Yes, a live orchestra. She did so good! She was so proud of herself for remembering all of it by herself.
On Wednesday we went back up there for the real thing. Cambrie was told she got to watch a magician while she waited for her turn to dance and then after until it was over. That was more exciting to her than anything else!
When her little Snow White group started dancing I got soo nervous! I could see them just off the stage in their line ready to go. Then the poor little group was sent out too soon. They all stood there looking so confused, it wasn't their music, they didn't know what to do! They were taken off quickly and entered back in at the right time. I was so worried that after that it would mess them up! But they came out and did wonderful! I'm one proud mommy. She said she couldn't see us but she wasn't scared at all. And the magician was awesome!
Cambrie got to do it all over again on Thursday. Blake went and said it went off perfectly. The magician that night was even cooler than Wednesday. And really that's all that mattered to her! She can't wait to do it all again next year. In fact, she said, I wish we could do Ballet Recital every week!
I'm thankful she has been in ballet this year. I'm amazed at the things she has learned. But most of all she has learned to be a little more confident. You can't ask for more than that.
3 comments:
They look so cute all together! I'm glad she did well.
Love it! This makes me so happy too! I think the last part you mentioned is one of the most important things, she knows she can do it! I hope we can watch next years!
What a cute little ballerina :)!
Post a Comment