Sunday, September 9, 2012

Blah, Blahs, and the Color Run

Ah man.  I just can't keep up. 
With anything lately.  My house seems to be in constant disarray.  My blog entries have been few and far between.  My Project life is Way behind, and that is being modest.  Laundry is taking over.  Blah Blah Blah.
School started and we are going on our 3rd week now.  Hopefully I can readjust and make a new schedule that is more fitting.  Now that all the summer play is done.  Man, I miss it already...
I have liked the morning routine so far though.  It is nice to be out of the house and ready for the day by 9:00.  I'm sure if I went to the grocery store it wouldn't be as busy.  I'm going to have to try that sometime.  It might be nice to have some food around here!
Lots happened in August and one day I will have to fill you in.  But, until then we are doing the NOW.  Or maybe the Yesterday.  But not last month.  Moving forward people, moving forward.

Yesterday, (wink*) Cambrie and I challenged ourselves to a little Color Run.  Our stake held a 5k and 1 mile family run.  Cambrie has been so excited to run in her school mile, that is coming up in a few weeks, that I thought this would be good practice.  It was pretty chilly outside at 7:30 in the morning.  But run we did.  And get shot with colored water we did too. 
It was a blast!  We ran the whole way to the 1/2 mile mark before slowing down.  Then we took a small breather and started again.  She did amazing!  The last probably 1/4 of a mile she booked it.  There was one little girl ahead of us and I asked Cambrie if we should try and beat her to the finish.  Cambrie, who isn't very competitive, got this cute little smile and took of running.  When the other little girl saw us coming she picked up her speed too.  There was a sprint to the finish and Cambrie WON!
She was so excited and happy!  I'm pretty proud of her.  We haven't been running at all and she did such a great job.  It made me tired!  She loved running through the finish line tape.   She ended up being second place.  There was a little boy who came in first that we didn't know about.  But second out of the kids is great! 
I think she liked the treats at the end the best. She is ready to start practicing a little more before her school race. Oh, and Daddy is racing with her on that one.  His choice.  But I am a little sore today.

1 comment:

Emily Harkness said...

How fun for Cambrie! It's so fun to see these little people challenge themselves. Tell her "awesome job" for me!