Friday, September 21, 2012

Hut! Hut!

We have started playing a new game around here this week.  It all started one night after dinner; I looked around and the kitchen was a disaster.  The kids wanted to go out for a bike ride, Blake hadn't made it home yet, and the clock was ticking.  There isn't much time any more between dinner and bedtime...
So on the spot I made up this game.  Now it doesn't sound like much but it was fun.  I have never had so much help so quickly either.  We never made up an official name but it's something like, Hurry before the Boss Comes.

The Rules:
  1. Set the clock on the microwave for 6 minutes.
  2. Pretend you work at a fancy restaurant and the Boss is coming!!
  3. Everyone helps unload and load the dishwasher, clear the table,  CLEAN THE KITCHEN.
  4. Gotta hurry before the timer goes off.
  5. If the timer wins you are FIRED and no one gets dessert.
The first night we played we all made up the rules as we went along.  Everyone was moving so fast.  I laughed almost the whole time.  I have never seen Zane hurry that fast doing dishes, or help as much.  I was truly amazed how fast those 6 minutes flew.  But we got it all done.  Amazing, right?!
The second time we played we had to unload the dishwasher again and Blake was home.  He found this pretty interesting.  Especially since this time Cambrie kept yelling out the time and adding HUT HUT.  Something along the lines of, 4 minutes people, HUT HUT!  4 MINUTES!
We almost made it that night.  We only needed about 45 more seconds.  We got treats anyway because the effort was there.
It's a fun little game.  I wonder how long it will work?

No comments: