Saturday, September 14, 2013

Zane's Stadium

I'm so proud of Zane today, it was his 3rd soccer game and he tried so hard!  He ran hard, got into the middle of things, and kicked the ball lots.  He seemed to have so much fun.  He was a little proud of himself too, he kept trying not to smile.  I love those little looks from him!
Zane is not the most aggressive person, or player, so this has been a little harder for him.  Blake shin guarded himself up and took Zane outside and had Z kick him a few times to see that it was okay and that it didn't hurt.  With all the extra practicing and talking Zane has been looking forward to this soccer game all week and even laid his soccer clothes out Friday morning before school, just to be ready.
Today Zane looked at his field or "stadium" as he calls it, and said he was glad to be at the same stadium as last week. Real SL gets to play in their same stadium so he should too.  He then looked at the other team and said I'm not scared of them!  And he was ready to play.  I'm glad that he is enjoying himself and learning how to play with a team.  It really has been fun watching him play and grow.

No comments: