The kids, Bridget, and I headed down south to join Blake and the c3 gang. We wanted to be their cheerleaders and try to help where ever we could. Its been really fun watching Cambrie and Madison stand at the side of the road and scream the riders on. Really scream. They have loved it!
Our adventure down here was something else. We got off to a late start, but that was fine. Traffic was slow, still we could manage. Ate dinner in Draper and put kids in Jammie's. All ok. Followed googlemaps, horrible idea. We were trying to get to Milford. I have never been to Milford before but I have seen the signs for it, at least I think I have. Anyway, following googlemaps had us take exit 129 then turn right. We did that. On to a dirt road. Oh dear, what next. We followed it for a few minutes and saw herds of deer. I have never seen this many deer in one group before. It was amazing and very errie at the same time. After a little while we turned around and decided that we should have turned left. So we went off to try that. Same thing happened minus the deer. Do you know how dark it is in the middle of nowhere? Dark.
Amazingly, at one spot in the road we had phone service and our little angel, Aubrey (who was walking out the door to the airport) answered the phone and got us correct directions. She didn't use googlemaps. She used map quest, which is now my new best friend.
We did finally make it to Milford and after driving around the little town for about 20 minutes found the hotel we were looking for. We found out Blake had gotten worried about us and since there is no phone service in Milford had started driving the way he thought we would come via the little I told him about my strange directions. Luckily, he pulled in just minutes after us. They came back to see if we had made it then to figure out their next step in rescue.
I can say the Lord had his hand in helping us out of this strange trip. I only hope the rest of the time goes smoother!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I'm glad you were able to find your hotel safely and hope the rest of your trip goes smoother :)!
I have had a ton of problems with google maps. I never use it anymore because there is something wrong almost every time. It tells you to turn right instead of left, or takes you down a road that has a wall down the middle of it. Very frustrating!
Wow! I hate getting lost, let alone in the dark in the middle of nowhere, with CREEPY deer! Glad you guys made it after all. What a good husband and daddy, going out to find you. That is really sweet! :)
Whew! You need to get a GPS unit for when you're driving on unfamiliar roads to unfamiliar destinations - it's even better than Mapqwest! Glad you made it okay.
Post a Comment