Sunday, January 31, 2010

All Tied Up!

I am finally getting myself to complete some projects that are long over due.  The first one that's not so exciting was to put in door knobs.  An easy task.  It has taken us a year and a half to get around to it.  Very sad. 
Cambrie got a hold of my camera and snapped a few pictures.  She actually did a pretty good job.  She is very excited to have a door knob on her door and her closet.  (I wished they worked right, but at least I tried!)

My next project was funner.  I got to use a little creativity for this.  I got Zane's curtains done!  I dreamed this up while I was pregnant with him.  I started it during the summer and I finally took the 20 minutes it needed to finish!  It is so nice to have it done!  This was the easiest window treatment I have ever done.
There was no sewing involved.  I found the blue topper at Wal-mart on clearance for $3.  The stick is from my neighbors tree he cut down last year.  The ties are some old ones from Blake, and Gayle gave me a bag full for the others.  The rest is pinned together.  I know, very professional.  But, it's okay.  I think it looks good.  Plus they are done!  I am actually thinking of adding one more thing.  I will post a new pic if I do...

3 comments:

Kate Johnson said...

Way to go, Melissa! I, too, have been fixing door knobs in our house.

The valance you made for Zane's room is adorable!

Stevenson Family said...

SO cleaver!

Christina said...

How very domestic of you! I love doing projects like this. Especially ones that turn out so cute! Great job!