Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Organizing

Does organizing and decluttering really look this messy?

It does at my house.
I am working on the kitchen, yuck.  How many waffle irons do I need? Do I really need a sandwhich maker? How about the blender, and bread maker?  It all takes up too much room!  Any suggestions?

My favorite part-My little helper who finds something exciting in each thing.

6 comments:

Annie said...

You have a big kitchen! Organizing is not my thing, and it really needs to be...maybe someday!

Kate Johnson said...

I am right there with you! I just finished the kitchen today. We are decluttering in preparation for putting our condo on the market. Ugh! It certainly gets worse before it gets better, doesn't it?! Well, one room down, five to go. At least our house isn't that big!

Charlotte said...

I still need to do the same thing at my house. I say: 1 waffle iron, no sandwich maker, keep the blender, ditch the bread maker (of course I have a stand mixer to knead my bread for me - maybe you should keep it?) It's crazy how many small specialized appliances we seem to need in our kitchens these days.

Justin said...

Hmmmm. Less is more in my opinion. No to the sandwich maker. But you're talkin' to a girl without a mixer or a blender. I'm a bit old school which totally comes in handy since our house is 1200 sq feet. I'd be in trouble if I had too many gizmos! Just need a good ole wooden spoon. Have fun organizing. I love the post-organizing high.

Emily Harkness said...

Looks like fun! I do love the feeling of throwing things out, though...maybe too much. I later kick myself :) By the way, I saw your mom at the mall yesterday!

Have fun organizing!

Anonymous said...

That looks like fun :) We would be happy to take whatever you don't need... We would love to take your bread maker until you want it...is your blender better than ours? Or I would suggest Craigs list...Drew's dad loves it!