Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Conversations

Cambrie is the funniest little girl. She is always listening, even when you don’t think she is paying any attention at all. This makes for very funny comments from her. She pays very close attention to things around her as well.
She knows a few people who are pregnant (Cami & Bridget), or who have recently had babies. So naturally she has been asking me when we are going to get another baby. Because it’s really that easy you know :) . Blake had been out of town a lot when she was asking me this stuff. So it was really easy to tell her, oh ask Daddy. The other day when we were all in the car she did. It was hilarious to see Blake’s face. I had never warned him that this conversation might happen. This one was priceless! We were talking about something totally different. I don’t even remember what it was. Out of the blue Cambrie says in the most demanding tone:

“Dad, are we going to have another baby or what?!”

He looked so dumb founded and was totally speechless! I don’t remember what he finally responded, but I do remember it not being good enough for Cambrie. The next thing she says is, “Well, I need a baby sister. Her name is Alina (pronounce A-line- a).”
She has been telling me her baby sister’s name will be Alina for awhile now. I asked her one day where she heard that name or if she knew someone with it. I have never heard it before. She told me she didn’t know, Jesus told her it. Oh, dear.
Blake is still in a little shock. He is definitely not convinced we should have any more kids. He feels good about the two we have and could be done. I might be more on Cambrie's side, except I’m not sure about the name. I guess only time will tell!


Cambrie at the hospital

Zane at the hospital.  Don't they both have the cutest cheeks!

6 comments:

Annie said...

I love the innocence of children. I really had fun at lunch also, lets do it again...soon!

Michelle said...

It sounds like Cambrie is pretty intuned, ha ha! Cambrie is too cute! I bet you guys will have at least one more. I guess we'll just have to wait and see :)... We missed ya sledding the other day!

Aubrey said...

Haha okay this is the funniest thing I have heard all day! Blake's face must have been priceless :) Miss Cambrie must be in tune :)

Drew and Aubrey said...

Show Blake this and you should read it too.. 3 Nephi 26:14 :)

Tyler and Julia said...

Holy cow; this conversation sounds like one Aubrey has with me all the time! I know for some women it's VERY easy for them to get pregnant & they usually are having babies every year or every two years, but I've never been that way. I just keep telling her that only Heavenly Father knows when more children will be sent to our family. I LOVE both baby pictures. I remember seeing Cambrie the first week you brought her to church after she was born. I'm getting baby-hungry now! :)

Stevenson Family said...

They look like twinners to me!!