Saturday, February 26, 2011

Key to my...

What a day.  May I say that again?  What a DAY!
It all started out great.  I did a little cleaning, everyone was happy, we went to a bridal shower, everyone was still happy...Tried to leave shower and then it all fell apart.  See, I made a strategic error.  I let Z put my car keys in his pocket to keep safe.  Z keeps things safe in his pockets all the time so I didn't think too much about it.
He had no clue where they were when it was time to leave.  None at all.  I don't think he even remembered we ever put the keys there in the first place.  We turned that house upside down searching for the keys.  We looked in the garbage.  In all the toys.  Under couches and chairs.  I crawled around on the floors.  Checked pockets, diapers, and shirts.  They were NO where to be found.
Without my keys I couldn't get in my car; it was locked, couldn't use my phone; it was in the car, couldn't get in the house either.  But, I am a very fortunate person.  My wonderful Father-in-Law, came to my rescue and had a new key made at the dealership.  I was able to at least get everyone home, and inside the house.  My house key is missing, so is my key faub (sp?).  But it's a step.
I have no idea where those keys could possibly be.  It's very frustrating to me!

Tonight after we had dinner and settled down, Z and I were read some books.  I say some silly things now and then.  One I say when we are making plans is, "Deals on Wheels."  I have no clue where it came from.  It's just a silly thing.  I told Zane I would read one more story, then it was time to brush teeth.  I then looked at him and said, "OKAY?"  He smiled at me and said, "Deals on Wheels, mom!"  Even though I can get incredibly frustrated with this little man, he melts my heart.  We had a great night.  I think sometimes we need a little more one on one time together. 
BTW- still haven't found those keys. 

4 comments:

Stevenson Family said...

Don't know if this will make you feel better but it's a good story: My aunt got a super expensive diamond tennis bracelet from her fancy friend. she was going on a trip and didnt want to just leave the bracelet in her home where anyone could see it so she found a really great place and hid it. She could NEVER find it. She turned the house upside down and even thought when they were renovating it like 10 years later MAYBE she'd find it in a floorboard or something and NOTHING. Isn't that crazy?! So key fabs...totally replaceable! :)

Emily Harkness said...

Just wondering if you've found them yet? That is so crazy! Hopefully they'll turn up!

Michelle said...

Hopefully your keys turn up somewhere soon! How frustrating! Zane is getting so big and is such a handsome little guy! I love the cute things kids say. The one on one time is priceless isn't it :)!

Tyler and Julia said...

Losing keys can be SO SCARY!!! That's basically your entire life, dangling right on one key ring, because each one has keys to both the car & the house. I'm always a wreck whenever I lose mine, because not only are there keys to our house on our ring, but also keys to both our parent's houses! I sure hope you find them soon!!!