It's been cold. Really cold.
But cold enough to freeze pipes?
Guess so.
I was on top of my chores and put a load of laundry in first thing Wednesday morning. It got about half way through and started beeping at me. There was no water for the rinse cycle. After doing everything I could think of I determined that my washer wasn't broken and it had to be the pipe.
So yes, It was cold enough.
I set up a portable heater blowing on the wall where the pipes are located. Hoping that would do something, anything, please. Just don't want any broken pipes and please, no water gushing at me.
The heater ran for hours and hours and still no water would come out. But there was no water leaking or gushing anywhere else either.
So here it is Thursday. A little bit of a warmer day. I think it warmed up to a nice 28 degrees. I tried a few times with no luck. But then dear Blake came home and went straight in to visit the said washer. And it worked. (Maybe it's a sign he should be doing the laundry?) Yeah, for no broken pipes!
The only problem is I don't know how to prevent this from happening again.
3 comments:
Scary! Glad your pipes didn't break and there was no damage :)!
WHEW! Close call! I've talked to several friends who DID have frozen pipes so you're definitely lucky!
I'm SO glad you guys didn't have to go through what we went through a couple of weeks ago when it was so freezing outside! I went to do my laundry on Wed., & my pipes were indeed frozen, because when I went back into my laundry room, everything was underwater!!! It was such a mess. Glad you didn't have to go through that w/ yours!
Post a Comment