Thursday, August 18, 2011

The Big 1st Day

Cambrie is officially a school age child.  I can't believe it.  Where has my baby gone?
She has been so excited and I am really glad for that. 
Saturday, she got her clothes all picked out and ready.
Sunday, she got her stuff for her backpack all lined up.  Then she had a blessing from her daddy.
The look on her face after was priceless.  Pure joy and excitement.  And for the first time in quite awhile, she fell asleep pretty easily, and slept well.
Monday, she lazily stretched when I woke her up at 7:30.  That is until she realized what the day was bringing.
Then she jumped out of bed, did a little dance, and yelled, It's SCHOOL DAY!
Zane and I took her and walked her into her classroom. 


There were no tears, no don't leave me's (for either of us surprisingly).  Just a big smile a hug then she waved me goodbye.
As we were walking back to the car Zane says, now what mom?
I'm not sure what to do,  it's a new adventure for all of us!
I loved seeing this when we went back to pick her up,
The moment she spotted us she took off running and yelling, "Mommy, Mommy!!!"
It made my heart happy!
The best part, she loves Kindergarten.  She said it was the best.  And it didn't feel like school at all.  They got to play games and color and it was great!  She can't wait to go back.

5 comments:

{Kaitlyn} said...

I can't believe she's that big already! So much fun! Love the backpack too!

Marilee said...

Oh, Sweet Cambrie...what a fun time! I'm so glad you love school. Papa and Nana are so excited for you to be able to learn all kinds of new wonderful things, make many lifelong friends, and learn amazing things about yourself!

richfam said...

I'm glad she liked it! Sage starts in 2 weeks!

Michelle said...

What a cute little Kindergartener :)! Glad her first day went so well and she loved it!

Tyler and Julia said...

Wow, Cambrie's grown SO much!!! I can't believe she's old enough to be in school already. I love what you did w/ the b&w picture of her hanging her backpack. I can still remember when she was just a tiny baby!!!