Wednesday, August 10, 2011

I'm a Big Kid NOW

Zane cracks me up.
  He is a very stubborn little boy.  Not like anyone else I know... (hee hee hee)
Last week he decided he was a big boy.  He wanted the prizes I have been collecting and decided to go potty so he could earn them.  After one glorious success he declared himself potty trained.
I smiled and giggled and thought, wouldn't that be wonderful...
Well by golly, he pretty much is.
I know this picture has nothing to do with anything.  But I love it.  We were waiting for Cambrie one day.

Seriously.  How does a little kid turn something like that on and off?
One day he is soaked at night and the next, dry as can be.
One day he won't even look at the toilet and the next he is excited to sit on it?
He has only had a couple of little "leaks," has he calls them.
I am amazed at my big boy!
He is very excited to be a big kid too.

After deciding the bathroom wasn't so bad he decided to ride his bike.
Really?
We got the bike in May and he would hardly sit on it for 5 seconds.
The other night he climbed on and said he wanted to ride it.
Then he stayed on.
Which was amazing.
Then he tried peddling.
He is getting there!
We just need to figure out how not to push backwards.

3 comments:

rylissite said...

Wow! I wish it were that easy, I guess I have one more, maybe he'll be that way! Congrats!

Kate Johnson said...

That's amazing! And I thought girls were supposed to be the easy ones. After 3 separate attempts at potty training in the last year and lots of power struggles, I think we are finally there.

Michelle said...

What a big boy! Can't believe how fast they grow! He's so cute! I love that picture of him sitting on the steps too, it's adorable!