Friday, July 20, 2012

Little Fishy

Cambrie and Zane just completed there first swim lessons.
I am super amazed!
On July 4th, when we swam at Cheryls, Cambrie was scared to death of getting water on her face.  Let alone if her face happened to go under the water.  WOW.  I was just a tad nervous at just how well swim lessons would go.
Swim lessons started 5 days later and she was all over the pool.  With a huge smile of accomplishment on Her face.  She was sticking her face in and blowing bubbles, she learned how to do frog legs.  By the end of the first week, oh.my.goodness., she was doing the safety bob, swimming for short distances, she even went down the slide.
Thursday was Cambries last day and I'm so proud of her.  But even better, she is sooo super proud of herself.  She can do the crawl and the froggy swim, for very short distances-she is still hesitant to take a breath without putting her feet down.  She is jumping off the diving board and swimming to the ladder, without any help.
I can't believe the difference!  She loves swimming.  I told her she was turning into a little fish.  Which she wasn't to sure of.  And soon enough, in pure Cambrie fashion, she told me she was NOT turning into a fish.  She didn't want to be a fish.  She was turning into a Mermaid
 I love this little girl.  I love the new confidence.  I love that she said everyday, I'm going to be BRAVE today.  I'm going to try something different. 
It has been a very good experience.
Now Zane.  Well cute boy didn't catch on as quickly.  He found he really enjoyed sitting on the stairs.  For some reason he became more hesitant to try.  He has a great frog and flutter kick.
  He does his back stroke great (with help of course).  But darn it, he just won't put his face in the water.  He says he will keep trying and I know we will get there. 
He was doing much better on the last day.  He would put floaties on and kick himself around the pool.  He loved going to swim lessons each day and was always sad when they were over.  I'm proud of him too.  He stopped tell the teacher no and started saying,
I'll try...I guess...
He got really good at "diving for the penny", with his toes.  He could avoid putting his eyes in really well.  Next time I'm sure he will be even braver.

No comments: