Saturday, July 7, 2012

Land that I Love

The 4th of July is honestly my favorite holiday, right after Christmas that is.
I love everything about the day.
It starts early with a great breakfast.
I get to see my Monson side of the family.
There are 16 grandkids and most of them live close by.
Most are married and have kids of their own.
So there are a lot of us and we don't all get together very often.
Really, it's on the 4th that we do.
After breakfast we get to swim. 



That is the favorite of the kids for sure.

We usually BBQ with the Morgan family for dinner and watch the fireworks with them.
This year we went to the Real Soccer game after dinner and watched their firework show.
We were busy all day long.  But, its a good busy.  (Too busy, that I never got a family picture of us all in our red, white, and blue! Why is that such a hard thing for me to accomplish?)
I made Pipers dress this year.  It turned out cute!  Its from one of Blakes old shirts.
It was fun being with Blake at the soccer game and watching him.  He is in his element there.
The fireworks were good and LOUD and so was the music they played with them.  Zane threw a little hysterical fit for a minute.  Lately he does not like loud noises at all.  So he cried, sat on my lap, and told me he wanted to go home.  He calmed down after I covered his ears and talked to him about the different colors.  He says he enjoyed them.  Just not the loud stuff. 
The boys in their jerseys.  Sorry Ty, you got a little too cut off.  Thats what I get for trying to run and take pictures!

This year we talked a little about what independance means.  We are blessed that we get to make our own choices.  So for Independance day I let the kiddo pick one thing for the day that they could decide on that they didn't usually get to (As long as it didn't hurt them or anyone else).  Cambrie chose her bedtime and Zane followe suit.  That was an easy one for me to let them too!  Seeing that we didn't get home from the game until almost 12.  They both chose to go right to bed!
I'm greateful to live in this beautiful country and enjoy the Freedoms that we have each day.

1 comment:

The Monson Family said...

So fun! We were thinking about everyone on the 4th. We even made a good breakfast just to feel a little closer to home!