I don't know the right way to go about answering questions on a blog. Do you email back? Leave a comment on the questioners blog? Make a new post? So here I am making a new post. Please tell me what the etiquette is! If there is any?
I am loving digital scrapbooking. I use photoshop elements and then have found fun free papers and kits online, plus I have purchased a few too. Right now I am taking a class at JessicaSprague.com. It is so fun and not hard! I thought I had self taught myself pretty well, I was wrong, there are so many fun tricks! I am learning tons! I plan on making a few layouts then sending them over to Costco to get them printed. They have a great price for 12X12 prints. Oh, for now I am doing 12X12. At least for Cambrie and Zanes first year. I think I will do our family pages 8X8 because they fit better on a shelf. I may switch to doing 8X8 for them too. Not sure yet.
Do you have any ideas? I'm still new at this and I love feed back!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
I have debated about digital scrapbooking as well. I think I would spend more time trying out all the fonts and extra stuff and wouldn't get anything done. But I haven't done any scrapping for a year now - too busy, way too busy.
Glad you found Jessica's website. She was in my ward growing up, just a year older. She's amazing! Lots of my friends have used her site to learn that
program. Good luck and have fun!
Unfortunately, I don't know the answer to your question either. I have wondered the same thing. I know on some blogs, there is a button that says something like subsribe by e-mail. When I clicked that, I got comments that people would leave after I left a comment. Other than that, I have NO IDEA! I have just e-mailed the person, or posted a comment on my blog (hoping they see it!) Good luck! :) I can't wait to see more pages!
BTW, Costco can do 12X24 for $4 (or so) and 12X36 pages for $5. So you can print 2 or 3 of your pages on one and then cut them. If you figure out how to format that in your computer, will you let me know, because I have wanted to do that, but have no idea how, too (and they weren't too helpful, either.) (the one thing I do know is that the 12X36 has to be done in the store whereas the 12X12 or 12X24 can be sent online.)
Hey Melissa- I love to digital scrapbook, and although I don't have all the answers, I've been doing it for over a year now so maybe I can help a bit. We should get together and talk. Anyway, its cheaper to print at costco when you do 12x36, so you get three scrapbook pagers per page. Its 5 dollars. You do have to upload them at costco in Bountiful. Anyway let me know. E-mail me or facebook me. Have a great weekend, and I can't wait to see the new salon.
I too can't decide whether or not I should start digital scrapbooking or not. My sister in-law has been doing it for about 2 years now, and when she showed me just a sample page that she had printed off I wasn't sure if I liked it or not. The quality of the pics wasn't very good, because they looked grainy (hope that makes sense). I don't know where she printed it, but it was just a sample & I may have to start going digital anyway because it would be much cleaner, and I spend a lot of time online anyway. Hmmmm. . . if Tyler & I buy a house up by you & Blake I'll just have to call you and/or come & visit you & talk to you about it in person! :)
Guess what, Melissa! You won a single episode of Jessica's Scrapbook Alchemy class!!
Just send me your email address to kelleighr at gmail dot com. Yay! Gongrats!
Post a Comment