Blake's muscles are still tender and a little sore. He isn't suppose to lift anything over 10 pounds still. That one is proving harder for him. He really wants to be able to lift Zane. Which he does occasionally. He took a fall at work and stretched out his arm to catch himself and went to a soccer game and cheered a little too vigorously, both making him a little more sore than he was or expected to be.
Blake is going to cardiac rehab 3 times a week. We both think this is a great thing. For one, it is very reassuring to have them monitor his heart while he is exercising. This way hopefully Blake won't have to worry about his heart blowing up (his words, not mine). The second most important reason: They gave him the okay to go outside and ride his bike. He did have to follow a few guidelines. He couldn't ride by himself, had to wear a heart rate monitor and keep his heart rate below 140, and he couldn't ride any longer than 45 minutes. For the record, he did pretty good with the rules and loved every minute of it!
We are starting to resemble normal life. We just have a few more "marks" than before!
6 comments:
Yay! That's a great report, it sounds like things are going very well! I'm very happy for you guys!
Whew! Back on the bike is a good thing for you I'm sure. Hope he can go without any restrictions soon!
I think my favorite part about Blake now is whenever he says something that doesn't *quite* make sense, he'll yell "I had a stroke! what do you expect!!!" People at work don't quite know how to react. Makes me laugh every single time...
To me, that's more normal for Blake than anything else.
I'm so glad to know that Blake's recovery is on track, and that he'll be his 'normal' self again very soon. HOORAY!
It's always so hard for anyone when their normal routine is interrupted by things like this. I'm so very happy that Blake is doing well. He looks great. And yes, it's also VERY hard to not be able to lift up the kiddos & hold them! I went through that exact same thing when Aubrey was 8 months old. It was really tough, but thankfully it didn't last forever. :)
So good to hear Blake is doing well :)!
Post a Comment