Thursday, December 31, 2009

{Counting Down}

Wow.  Christmas is over.  The house is clean-at least the christmas stuff is cleaned up.  We are getting ready for the New Year!  2010 Here we come!  This last week has been super busy.  Christmas Eve was fun.  We spent it with the Burton family at Grandma's.  Dad and Cathy gave Zane one of those little tikes cars.

He loves it.  Crazy love.  Like he won't eat or look at anything else when he sees it love.  Its been put outside for now.  He is a friendly little guy.  Made me laugh when he backed right up and sat on Barry's lap.  Cambrie and a great time playing Jade.  Christmas Day was really nice. We slept in a little and ended up waking Cambrie up to open presents.  Blake and I were too excited to wait any longer!

We invited my mom over and that was fun.  We had breakfast over at Morgans.  Or rather lunch.  We opened presents first and took our time enjoying the process.  Next year I think I need to feed the kids first so they don't get onery. But breakfast was good.  We ate the traditional scones, eggs, hot chocolate, and little cuties.

 In the afternoon we went to my moms and saw everyone there and ate yummy french dip sandwhiches.  By this time Zane had figured out the presents.  He would rip into one until he could see what it was then start signing more.  Then he headed straight for the tree to get another present to open.  He makes me smile!  Cambrie loved all of it.  She was so fun this year.  I overheard her a few times say, "Baby Jesus is gonna be born on Christmas, its his birthday.  Did you know that?"  I'm glad she understood some of it at least.  She knew that Heavenly Father sent a star for all to see.  That Jesus was born.  And we give gifts because they gave us the best gift.  She is getting so big!

We have been sick at our house this week.  No fun.  I finally went grocery shopping after a long time.  Spent way too much money.  And the biggest thing: My sister got married. We weren't invited to the ceremony.  No one except Moms were.  I wish I could have been there for her big day.  She wore my wedding dress for pictures, which they took days before the ceremony.  I wish I could have seen her in the dress too.  I wish she wanted her family more involved.  Or that she understood how much we love and care for her.

This year has been a year.  At least the last 5 months or so.  Our family has been very blessed.  I'm thankful that Blakes stroke and surgery has blessed other family members.  I know it sounds strange.  I know the tender mercys of the Lord.  I know he looks out for us and helps us with things that we don't know we need.  Now on to the New Year.  I am excited to usher this one in!  Here is to good health and fun family times!  Let the Count Down Begin!

1 comment:

Gayle said...

Melissa - Barry was SO pleased that Zane was willing to sit in his lap on Christmas Eve - it really made his evening cuz he's SO hungry for a grandbaby of his own!