I started it off by cutting the tip of the binky off. Zane was happy and giggled as usual when I gave it to him. It didn't take him long at all to figure it wasn't right. Then after we suggested he throw it away he did so. Happily, because it was broken. Anger soon followed when he realized he wasn't getting a new one.
It took about an hour, okay probably closer to an hour and a half for him to settle down and fall off to sleep. But he slept all night long. He is my brave little guy! Nap time today he cried for maybe 15 mins. then talked for 45 until he fell asleep. I layed him down tonight just after 8. He was happy to go to bed. I rubbed his head for a second then told him good night. After I walked out he called for me a couple times. I responded nicely with a love ya Zane, good night. He hasn't cried! (...yet...) So you see, I will be crossing my fingers all night long.
Good luck little buddy! You are so BIG! And I feel slightly nervous...
4 comments:
That is no fun for either of you! I will be crossing my fingers, too. Was Blake in for the weekend?
Don't worry, he will learn to survive without it. Aw, he's such a cute little guy! I'm so happy that you're taking his binkie away now. I've seen 4, 5 and even 6 year-olds (I promise I'm not kidding) who still have binkies in their mouths. To me that's just ridiculous. Aubrey fussed quite a bit when we took hers away, but we only went through 2 nights of crying & then she was fine. :)
What a cute picture of Zane! I was thought it was going to be so hard when we took Colby's binki away from him because he was addicted but it was a lot easier than I thought it was going to be. Hopefully he continues to do okay without it :). Good luck!
I'm with ya! I'm planning on taking Eli's away as soon as his molar breaks through. He's so little though I'm not sure he will understand and we will be hearing the screams. But they do survive and figure it all out.
Post a Comment