Wednesday, March 17, 2010

The Legend

Full of magic and trickery, the leprechauns remain in thir hidden world until the night before St. Patrick's Day. On that one night of the year they appear throughout the world to dance and sing and frolic. disguising themselves as leaves and grass, and sounding like the wind and the crickets, they come and go unnoticed. However, it is said that if a decorated treasure box is left empty under the moon, the leprechauns must fill the box with gold or jewles or gifts. But then they will hide the filled box in the most unlikely of places. If the box is found on St. Patrick's Day, the treasure remains in our world. If not, the leprechauns may retrieve what is rightfully theirs. And though the leprechauns are very clever, it is not impossible to find the treasure because, unknowinly, leprechauns often leave a trail.
 -Family Fun magazine.
We definately had a busy day. The leprechauns found the box Cambrie decorated and made a mess of our house! They knocked down chairs, took cushions off the couch, and put shoes in strange places all while leaving a trail of Lucy Charms everywhere they went. Cambrie and Zane found the treasure box hidden in the bath tub. I think Zane's favorite part of the day was following the trail and eating the marshmallows as he went. We had to wake up Cambrie before he ate it all! We found our milk was turned green (just like last year!), and green yogurt was in bowls waiting for us. Cambrie helped me make green eggs and ham for breakfast too.
We also had preschool today. We made fun leprechaun hats and buckles for our shoes. We learned how to do a jig and hunt for any gold the leprechauns may have lost. And then we went to our FB playgroup! It was a busy morning!
I'm so glad I took the time to remember St. Patrick's Day. Cambrie was so excited to get up this morning to see if the leprechauns had come and Zane loved all the excitement. It's fun to make days special!
Happy St. Paddies Day! I wish you all hope, faith, love, and luck- even if you didn't find your 4-leaf clover today!

Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Christina said...

So cute! You did have a busy day! As I was reading that story, I had some flashback to a story about glitter or something on the grass. Have you heard that? Is it leprechauns or maybe around Christmas....maybe reindeer? Hmmm....regardless, you made it such a fun day for your kids! (and us!)

Aubrey said...

I forgot about the Leprechauns making a mess of the house! Haha! I love that! This made me smile. You learned a jig? I want to know more about this! Love you guys.

Kate Johnson said...

Very cute! I am impressed that you were able to make it such a fun day with all you have going on right now...way to go!

The Monson Family said...

You are such a cute mom; your darling kids are very lucky!

Jordy and Stephy said...

ahhhhh You are such a cute mom! what a cute Idea I totally want to do that for livy next year!!! yay keep blogging all your amazing mommy idea so that I can copy you!! love you! stephy