Our days have been a little different. I am glad they are about done! While we were painting our schedule went something like this.
Around 8:00 am everyone is up and wants to eat breakfast. After breakfast Cambrie and Zane usually play around with each other. Most the time happily. Its fun listening to them laugh and play together. After awhile Cambrie asks to watch PBS kids.org. This always makes me smile. On PBS they have little commericals that say to see more of this or something to that affect go to pbskids.org. So I know she is listening to them!
Anyway, we get everyone dressed, teeth brushed, and hair done. Try to get some neglected chores done and then eat lunch. Lunch is usually earlier than later. Somewhere between 11:30 and 12:00. For a while we were going to school lunch. It's been a fun thing to do this summer. Each day the school district serves a free lunch to kids. They get the main meal, chips, fruit, milk, carrots, and fruit snacks each day. It's great! They get a fun lunch and I don't have to cook or clean up!
After lunch we head straight to the new house. Zane gets to have his nap time in his room on a sleeping bag. Cambrie gets to be somewhere on the wood floor on a blanket. Her spot at the end was in the laundry room. Anywhere away from where I was trying to paint. After getting them both set up I would break out the paint and brushes and get to work. I would usually get a good 1 1/2 - 2 hours of work done. Usually my jobs included cutting in areas or taping. I don't know if it's the most disliked job or the one that really needed to be done first. But I tried hard each day to get my areas done!
By the time naps were over it was somewhere between 3 and 4. Usually I would let the kids play around the house while I worked until about 4:30. Then we would all head back to Mamas house to get dinner ready.
We would eat dinner, usually without Daddy. He normally would hurry home to change his clothes to go to the house and paint. Eating dinner there later. His Dad would be there by 6:30 most nights. My routine changed at this point each day. Depending on what the kids needed. Sometimes I left them with Mom right after eating. Sometimes I stayed and played for a few minutes and helped get them ready for bed, then left. And sometimes I put them to bed then headed to the house. It's been extremely helpful being at my moms. She has been nice to put them to bed and listen for them while we have been gone. How else would we have gotten so much done? Then we worked until at least 11:00. Blake and I didn't leave before midnight most nights. But we slept good at night!
It's amazing to me that we got so much done! Have I said it enough times, the painting is DONE! It made a big difference having Blake home this time. We moved so much faster with him there helping. I'm also very thankful for an awesome Father-in-law who spent 2 weeks helping us paint. It would never have gotten done without his help! Thanks everyone!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I was just thinking today about the weeks/months of painting and remodeling we have ahead of us and wondered how you do it with kids! I'm glad you shared your hour by hour schedule :). Seriously though, I was getting a little overwhelmed just thinking about it today, and we haven't even started! You are lucky that you got a really cute house that doesn't need much more than paint and carpet. I'm sure you have a list of things too though. You are so cute and crafty and are always coming up with new fun things. Good luck with everything! Let me know if I can do anything to help. Like help with your kids or anything else :)! I'm looking forward to when all of our painting and other work we're going to need to do to our house is done! I talk like the house is ours already ~ I guess I'm just thinking really optimistically :)!
Your walls look beautiful. Much fresher and brighter than what you had in there for the "before" pictures. How fun and exciting! Isn't it the best when you finally get to peel away the tape and reveal the finished product!!!
Post a Comment