Saturday, November 6, 2010

Sports

I keep waiting for Blake to post something about this but he has yet to.  So you get me.
Blake is an avid San Francisco Giants fan.  He has been to many games at AT&T Park, or whatever it was called when he went.  He loves them, even the orange and black colors.  So he especially had fun watching the world series this year.  If you didn't know, the Giants WON the world series.
It’s been a long time coming — 53 years, to be exact.  They haven't won since the team moved from New York.
I love this quote from Bochy,  
"It just goes to show you what a team can do when they play with heart and determination. They just couldn't be denied."
To Blake, it was a great moment.  Where was he?  Downstairs riding his bike on the trainer.  He told me he even shed a few tears.  But was ready to hide it if anyone came downstairs.
I love that he can get that involved.
And tonight?  Off to the ReAl soccer game.  A true boy and his sports.  It doesn't matter which sport it is.

No comments: