My Awesome Day tired to turn into a Blah day this evening.
After running around with the kids; playing at Discovery Gateway,
doing a little shopping, going to the primary program practice, and just enjoying their company, I ran downstairs and walked in front of the window.
This is where my day started going to the Blah's.
We had flooded.
It rained really hard last night. I never thought to check to see if we got any water.
We did.
It was bad.
The window still had water in it.
The carpet had lots more.
Blake; not home tonight.
I have great neighbors.
I have great kiddos who cheered us on the whole way.
"Yeah, you ripping that up really good!"
"Yeah, you getting the water!"
They make things not so bad.
I guess while we seem to be handing all our money out to fix things, why not the carpet-again.
Maybe this time we will have to look into fixing something with the landscaping and adding a sub pump.
Sounds like fun.

5 comments:
Oh Melissa, that's aweful. I feel for you. Home ownership can be so stressful! I hope Blake is home or gets home soon. ;)
I'm so sorry! That is just awful! Let me know if you need any help!
Oh NO! Not a fun experience to have water in the house!
Uh Oh... that's no fun at all. You truly are super Mom. I hope you get everything fixed.
What a bummer :(! Hope things work out and don't cost a fortune. You're kids are so cute... they always make things better :).
Post a Comment