
May we remember the reason for the season we are celebrating. Its so easy to get all caught up in the packages and bows, the hurry here's and there's. I wanted to remember a little bit more. I'm grateful for my Savior. For His birth and life. I'm grateful for Mary and her faith. I'm in awe of her. To be able to hold any precious baby straight from our Heavenly Father is amazing. But to hold the Son of God! What that must have felt like! I'm grateful to have a little baby this year. To be able to hold and feel that pure love. I'm grateful for Joseph for standing by Mary's side. I'm grateful for the bright star that shown that day. For the reminder it gives to me. Not just at this time of year but all year long. Heavenly Father is watching over us and loves us. I'm grateful for Christmas music that I get to listen to all month long. I'm grateful when Cambrie will sing along with me in the car. I'm grateful for little kids. They make me take a step back and look at whats really important. It's wonderful to watch their eyes light up at the simplest things. It's been so fun this year with Cambrie. Her excitement is contagious. She spilled some secrets because she was so excited to give her gifts! "Here Dad, we got you Kung Foo Panda!" and to her cousins, "here, its blocks!" Its so much Fun! We tried to tell Cambrie about the birth of Christ on Christmas Eve with my nativity set. Right in the middle of our story she says, "but where are baby Jesus' eyes?" I have the willow tree set which I love. I love that Mary is holding baby Jesus and looking into his face. But they don't have eyes and that doesn't bother me at all. Blake, it bothers him, but I love them! It was hard getting Blake to stop laughing after that and I think we wrapped it up then. Anyway, I'm thankful for my family. I have a wonderful husband who takes great care of me and two adorable and healthy kids. I am very blessed! I'm glad I was able so spend so much time with those I love these last two days. To quote a jolly old man,
"Merry Christmas to all, and to all a good night!"
2 comments:
Merry Christmas to you all! We had so much fun this year. I too am in complete awe of Mary and Joseph. What incredible faith they both must have had. I laughed myself silly when I read that Cambrie had asked were baby Jesus' eyes were! Christmas is so much more fun when you have little ones. :)
What a great reminder! Thank you! I love the note about Jesus' eyes!
Post a Comment