Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Only the ones you want to Keep



I heard a quote a few years ago that I really like. In fact I have been waiting to have a house of my own to use it. Which we have now, yet I still haven't gotten around to putting it up. I really need to now. It goes like this: You don't have to brush all your teeth, only the ones you want to keep. I was reminded of this the other day when Blake was getting Cambrie ready for bed. They were in the bathroom, I was in the other room getting Zane ready. I heard Blake tell Cambrie it was time to brush her teeth. She asked why and Blake gave a good answer of, because we want clean teeth. Well, that answer wasn't enough. So the next was to get all the food off her teeth. Then the answer was, so your teeth don't fall out! Cambrie is a very literal girl. If you say her teeth are going to fall out, it means her teeth are really going to fall out. So naturally she was a little worried about this and happily brushed her teeth. So the next morning Cambrie and I were in the car. As we were driving she says, "Oh no Mom, we forgot to brush my teeth!" I told her it was OK this time and we would brush them when we got home later. The next thing I know she is starting to cry. With tears in her eyes she asks, "Mom are my teeth falling out?" It took a lot of persuasive talk to convince her that her teeth were not falling out and that Daddy was only kidding. But that night, she brushed her teeth very willingly!

2 comments:

Christina said...

LOL! Kids are so fun! Reminds you to be careful what you say!

Jess said...

I'm so happy you made a blog and it is so cute! I catch Riley saying what i say all the time and it puts me into check. Yesterday Riley asked if he could see "Anna and Kambrie" (Savannah) He wanted to show them his sword.