Today was our wards Primary Program and for the very first time Cambrie had a part in it.
She was so excited! She had practice on Friday, which she talked about all week. She memorized her part last week. And she talked to her Grandparents asking them to come. She was set.
There I was staring up at her. This beautiful ringleted blonde girl with a huge smile on her face. But then I thought; This is crazy! I am in no way old enough to have a little girl up there participating in the primary program!
I am so proud of her. She sat so well. She sang. She smiled at us whenever she could. She remembered her line and said it perfectly into the mic.
The first song they sang is beautiful. It's called Along Time Ago. I think it must be one of Cambries favorite songs. We have been able to hear her sing it around home for the past few months. At first I thought she was just making it up. It has the sweetest message and bring tears to my eyes. I had never heard it before. Here are the words:
A long time ago in a beautiful place,
Children were gathered ’round Jesus.
He blessed and taught as they felt of His love.
Each saw the tears on His face.
The love that He felt for His little ones
I know He feels for me.
I did not touch Him or sit on His knee,
Yet, Jesus is real to me.
Chorus (This is where the kids were told to Sing Their Testimony)
I know He lives!
I will follow faithfully.
My heart I give to Him.
I know that my Savior loves me.
2. Now I am here in a beautiful place,
Learning the teachings of Jesus.
Parents and teachers will help guide the way,
Lighting my path ev’ry day.
Wrapped in the arms of my Savior’s love,
I feel His gentle touch.
Living each day, I will follow His way,
Home to my Father above.
The primary did really well. My favorite line may have been the last one.
"We can all follow Jesus, because he loves us."
Jesus does love us. What a good reminder from the primary children. I know my little ones seem to get it better than me lots of the times.

5 comments:
Some of the strongest testimonies come from the smallest bodies!
I LOVE primary programs! They're a lot of work for those who serve in primary, but they're SO FUN to listen to & watch & it makes you just beam w/ pride when you see your little one up there participating! OK, how did you get your blog header all centered, and how did you get such a cute font for your sidebars & your post titles? You're amazing at this blogging stuff Melissa! If you could tell me how to do this I'd really appreciate it. Thanks!
I love that song, too. It has been our bedtime song lately. Bennett made me learn it so I could sing it to him. Now Mylie is singing it around the house and I just love it. Such a wonderful message!
It is a small world Melissa-- Devon Baldwin is my cousin, our father's are brothers! Tell Devon "Hi" for me. ;)
I absolutely love your post divider. This class is awesome! I just love the simpleness of the design. Of course I had to do Halloween, it is my favorite season after all. Even though my house might not look it yet, at least my blog does right?? ;)
I saw your testing post, but it is not up now...I didn't see anything wrong with the signature, sometimes you just have to play with the spacing in the HTML code.
What a cute post!
Post a Comment