Monday, September 6, 2010

Do over #1

Life never slows down.  As much as I wish for it; it's not happening. 
Here is my positive thinking for the day:
When I was 18 my family went on vacation.  I stayed home and worked.
Long story short, my family came home to hills and valleys in the basement. 
The sprinklers didn't turn off when they were suppose to and it flooded the basement.
Flooded it really good.
Today we got home from FHE put the kids to bed and then went down to watch a movie.
We were greeted with wet boxes and soggy carpet.
Where is the positive thought? (I had to dig a little here)
See, because this happened when I was 18, I at least had an idea of where to start.

So, it seems the sprinklers were at it again.  It flooded a basement window.  I think we were really blessed to have boxes still left to unpack.  (Another positive thought!  I really am serious about being blessed though.)  They soaked up a lot of the water.  Therefore not ruining as much of the carpet and pad. 

 Plus, we unpacked a few more boxes!  We did have to pull the carpet up and took out some pad.  But I think it could have been much worse.  I'm not going to lie, it's sad to see the brand new carpet this way but what do you do?

  Now we have some work to do outside.  Then to fix the carpet and some paint inside.  I don't think it ever ends.  And here I was, thinking we were about to have just a little break.  :)
*Cambrie went downstairs this morning.  Her comment: "Mom, Dad, the carpet blew up!"

2 comments:

Stevenson Family said...

That is just awful! I'm sorry!!

The Monson Family said...

I'm sorry to hear about that! I always try to do what you do too, and think about how it can always be worse! Hopefully you can get everything fixed and back to normal!