Thursday, September 16, 2010

{Life Goes On}

I have a love/hate relationship with our yard.
I took one look at it and loved it.  There is so much room to play.  A huge swing set, sand box, basketball court and a garden!  What more could I ask for.  Oh ya, it's fully fenced too. 
I love the yard.

I hate the piles of sand I find.
I find sand everywhere: by the back door, sticking to my feet inside as I walk on the wood floors, covering the bath tub, and in the sheets.  But my favorite has to be in pockets and all over little blonde heads.
We are usually brushing people off not once a day, but multiple times. 
They still love it.  And you know, so do I.  It keeps these two very happy and occupied.

On a whole different note.  Cambrie asked me if I remembered when Daddy had a broken heart.  She said she was glad he is better.  I have to agree with her.
Today marks the one year mark for surgery.  Blake put it best on his FB status,
"The beat goes on...one year later."
I'm sure glad that heart isn't broken any more.  It's still beating and stronger than ever.

3 comments:

Kate Johnson said...

Your yard looks fabulous! What fun! Oh, how I wish for a fenced in backyard. Someday...once all of our kids are old enough not to need a fence. Oh well!

I am not a fan of the sand either, though. It permeates everything! But Maddie sure thinks it is fun, and that makes it all worth it, like you said.

And I am glad that Blake is still going strong. I can't believe it was only one year ago that he had his surgery. It seems so long ago now. What a blessing!

The Monson Family said...

What a beautiful yard! I miss Utah grass. It's so nice to walk, sit, and lay on. Also, both Gary and I are so glad that Blake is doing better!

Michelle said...

I love your backyard! How nice! You have a basketball court and a really nice swing set!? I'm a little jealous :). My parents have a sandbox in their backyard too so we know how the sand thing is. What Cambrie said about Blakes "broken heart" is so cute. I'm so glad Blake is doing well. You have such a cute little family! So many cute posts and pictures! (If you couldn't tell I've been a little behind on the blogging thing)