Monday, October 4, 2010

Conference Weekend

We did Conference a little different this year.  We stayed home.  Usually we join the family between conference sessions for dinner and then watch the last sessions together.  This year I wanted to see if the kids did better and if we could get a little more out of conference at home.  Hopefully I didn't hurt any feelings trying this out.

Conference morning we have a tradition to have a yummy breakfast.  Something we don't always eat.  (like cereal!)  I made a yummy egg recipe from Kraft foods .  Everyone really enjoyed it and it was easy!  We put out a tent the last few conferences for the kids to sit in.  It amazes me how good Cambries memory is.  This year when she found out it was conference time again she cheered and asked when we would set up her tent.  The tent, or more of a fort this year, is a big hit.  They get crayons, paper, treats, pillows, and blankets to take inside.  Cambrie drew pictures of the people talking and made little books.  Zane loved hiding in there.  He colored for a few minutes but was more tempted to try climbing on the blankets.
All in all it was a good experience.  I don't know what we will do next time but am grateful for the chance we had to have the day with our little family.

2 comments:

Tyler and Julia said...

I LOVE the fort idea! I should try it next April. Paxton would especially love this idea. :)

Michelle said...

What a fun weekend with your little family. The fort thing is a great idea! You and your little family are such great examples :)!