I am lucky enough to only be working every other Saturday. This started after we decided we weren't moving to Baltimore anymore. It's the first time we have ever had a Saturday to be together. It has been great. And although we haven't done anything big yet, its been fun to be around. I have been able to attend some extended family activities that I normally wouldn't have. So yes, it's great!
This past Saturday I had off and we decided to take the kids to the Zoo! We had a fun filled Family Date Day. That's what Cambrie decided we should call it. We haven't been to the zoo for a year and thought it sounded like fun. And it Was!
We watched the monkeys for a long time. There was a couple of monkeys that were having grand time jumping from branches to ropes and back to the branches. It was so fun and interesting watching them!
We saw giraffes. The giraffe was chewing on a branch. Zane was so intensely watching him that he was moving his mouth and tongue with the giraffe. The giraffe would eat some branches and then go lick this big tree trunk. Zane watched fascinated the whole time. Cambrie was fine; until the giraffe came to close for comfort. Then she thought he was going to get her and she had to back WAY up.
I feel bad for her and all her fears of animals. But surprisingly she wanted to go see the snakes and the bugs. Who wants to really see those?
After the giraffes we saw the gorillas and some other monkeys. This is when Zane made me laugh so hard. He got out of the stroller and went up to a tree trunk, stuck out his tongue and started moving it about. He looked at me and said,
"Mom, I lick it! Mom, I lick it too!"
Yes, he was being a giraffe. So gross and funny at the same time. He was so happy with himself... He loved the animals this year.
We spent more time there this year than I think we ever have. I asked Cambrie what her favorite animal was this time. She said she really liked the dead butterflies and bugs. Is that because they can't touch or hurt her? Not so sure. She did say she liked the bats and other animals they have out for Halloween in their special spooky area too.
It was a fun day with the family. We tied it all up with dinner from 5 Guys. This really may have been Cambries favorite part. That girl loves to crack open a peanut.
After everyone was in bed Blake and I had a little Date Night ourselves. We went to the M&B Theater. It's conveniently located down one flight of stairs and to the right. We have decided that we need to really try and "Date" each other more often. So while we were in the car on the way home I gave him a call and invited him to a movie. I really called him while we were both sitting in the car. Cambrie was in the back seat listening and giggling. Then when we got off she shouted, "Yeah, Tyson gets to come watch us!" We confused her a bit but I think its good for them to see that mommy and daddy have fun together.
Family Date Day was a success!




2 comments:
Sounds like fun! Zane cracks me up.
The zoo is so much fun! You should come with us sometime and watch Dan talk to the Howler monkeys. It is hilarious. Glad you had fun!
Post a Comment