Sunday, December 19, 2010

Back in the old days...

Cambrie has been asking lots of questions about the old days lately. I'm not certain what brought it on but its funny what she thinks about. So the other night we are sitting at the table and the conversation starts up again.
"Mom, in the old days what did they have instead of cars?
Mom, in the old days what did they have instead of lights?
What did they use outside instead of lights?
Did they use wood?
Mom, in the old days what did they use instead of glasses?
What did they use for cups?
What about lids for cups or bottles?"

I usually know the answers to these questions but the one about bottles threw me for a minute. Did the pioneers use bottles? That's the old days I'm thinking she is talking about. We have looked at a few older houses or pictures of sleighs for Christmas and said "in the olden days..." So I told her I didn't know.

Her response had me in stitches,
"Mom, you know. You lived in the old days!"
Gee, How old do you think I am?  I pretty feel old now!

2 comments:

Aubrey said...

haha! Oh this is funny! Cambrie is the funniest :)

The Monson Family said...

Super-funny! It's funny how "old" people seem when you are so little.