Thursday, December 9, 2010

Home Evening Christmas

It's the first Sunday of the month, which means FHE at Grandpa and Grandma Morgans.
The fog was very thick as we drove down to Salt Lake.  It amazes me how different things look when you can only see a little in front of you.
It's fun to see everyone each month but December is my favorite.  I don't know if its the decor or the feelings of Christmas that make it different.  But, it's my favorite all the same.
This year we had appetizers, soups, and dessert to eat.  I love this time of year and all the soup.  I think we ate soup 4 days this week for dinner.  It didn't bother me one bit!
As for traditions-We all "pulled out a plum" of the Christmas Pie. 

The girl great grandchildren all received books and money.  Zane, the only boy, got a cool hard had with light.  Which he loves.  Us bigger kids, pulled out some money.  It's fun to see everyone crowd around a little bowl hanging on to their end of the string.  I am also proud to report this year was injury free for Jeff.  No crazy "plums" came flying at him this year.
Barbara gave all the big girls a fun new apron.  She always comes up with a fun little gift and thought to go with them.
This is most of the girls.  We are missing Janet, Aubrey, and Bridget.

 

1 comment:

Shawn said...

What a fun tradition! You'll have to tell me what the whole pie thing is all about.