My good friend Suzies' mom passed away this week. Connie was one of the fun moms growing up. Suzie and her sisters all had an amazing relationship with her. Whenever you were around, Connie made you feel just as important and wanted. It's been a hard week thinking about her really being gone. I know it's been a few years since I have talked to her I can still see her smile and hear her cute little giggle. Loosing Connie hurts, it makes things too real. How could I get through a week without being able to talk to my mom? I hurt for Suzie. Connie was her rock. I walked away from the funeral with several thoughts. One, I need to be a better friend. Two, I need to relax more and laugh. Some of those small things don't matter. Three, make sure they know I care.
After the funeral we had the opportunity to go to the temple. Kortnie (Tyson's almost wife) was receiving her endowments. It was nice to sit in there and think of all the blessings of the temple. I know my family can be forever. I know that death isn't the end. While this is comforting to know, life is still hard. It's hard watching your friends struggle. I can't imagine how much harder it would be without this knowledge!
Even though it's late I wanted to say this,
Love you Mim-Thanks for being a friend and example to me.
No comments:
Post a Comment