Sunday, December 12, 2010

Tyson & Kortnie Morgan

Today was a very special day.
Tyson & Kortnie
 were sealed for Time and Eternity in the Salt Lake Temple.
The morning started out great.  I met Kortnie at the salon to do her hair.  Tyson had flowers and a card waiting there for her.  In all the years I have been doing hair and doing brides, no groom has ever done that.  It was very sweet and her hair turned out cute.
A few years ago, a friend and co-worker introduced me to a tradition for brides that I have been missing out on.  I guess a lot of brides drink mimosas before they get married to help soothe their nerves.  Well, since we don't drink, I have never heard of this.  She told me I should make some mock mimosas and do it anyway.  All you need is to mix sparkling grape juice and OJ- they taste great.  I think I have done this for all the girls that have gotten married in our family since.  It's been a fun tradition, I feel lucky to be able to see them before their big day.  And while these mimosas may not relax them it sure has been fun.
The temple sealing was beautiful.  I am so happy and excited for these two.  They were happy, it was radiating off of them.  I don't think Tyson ever stopped smiling.  It's nice to see two people so happy and in love.
While taking pictures around the temple the kids wandered over to the fence over looking a part of Temple Square.  They were adamant that Santa was over there.  They kept calling to him and waving.  Madison was shouting down to him that she had been good.  You know, Santa was there.  This gentleman with a full white beard and Santa hat was taking a tour.  He was nice enough to come close to the kids, wave, and tell them Merry Christmas.
At the luncheon Blake had a great idea to give Kortnie a present, a present to help her survive Tyson for eternity.  It turned out really cute and funny.  Tyson and Kortnie were in tears from laughing so hard. 
 The girls got beautiful dresses to wear to the reception.  They danced the night away together.  Looking just like the Princesses they are.  Zane was looking smashing in his new tie and suit.  He was so excited to wear a tie and be just like daddy.  He is growing up too fast.  He was so funny.  He wanted to watch a train go around a Christmas tree all night long.
The day was very busy and long but wonderful at the same time.  I'm glad Ty and Kort let us be apart of their special day!
12-10-2010
*More pictures to come.*

1 comment:

Christina said...

So cute! Congrats to the new couple! I love that tradition that Andrea shared with us. It IS way too fun! :) And how cute is Tyson being on top of things with flowers AND a card! That is amazing! Too sweet!