Our little lady is growing fast.
It's hard to believe a year has passed!
Flutter over for some fun,
Piper is turning one!
That's what the invitations would have said had I got them done. We had to move the party up a week because of Blake's crazy work travels. I had them figured out but not enough time to mail. So, well...maybe next time?!
We had our families over for dinner and cake. Yes, it's a big ordeal, takes way more time than it should, and it's totally worth it.
I went with a lady bug theme because its cute (Jenne did Addison's birthday with it and she let me use a lot of things. That works for me too.) it does not have any special meaning. Blake kept trying to figure out the significance. ~none~
Anyway, dinner turned out great. We had Hawaiian Haystacks with homemade gravy, which everyone seemed to love. The recipe is a keeper for sure. Then she opened gifts. Kelli and Trevor gave Piper a cute little phone that sings songs and lights up. It was the favorite gift and one of the very first to get opened. She carried it everywhere and showed it off, box and all.
I couldn't even get it away from her to eat her cake. It had to sit on the tray where she could see it. I'm so glad it survived the frosting and the wash cloth afterward!
It took Piper a while to really get into the cake. Even then, she didn't eat the cake. She played around in the frosting more than anything else.
I made Piper her little shirt and Cambrie really wanted to dress up for Pipers party too. She put a lot of thought into her outfit. Right down to her painted fingernails which looked like little ladybugs. I'm grateful for
the relationship that's developing between these two.
I can't believe Piper is one. I know, I know, every mom says this, but I can't imagine not having Piper in our family. I can't believe how fast the time has flown. She is not my tiny little girl anymore. She is very independent, she knows what she wants, and she will do it. I love her!
Happy Birthday!





No comments:
Post a Comment