Thursday, January 20, 2011

My Day Off

My little sweetheart said to me the other day,
 "Mom, tomorrow is your day off.  You have to do chores everyday.  So tomorrow is your day off and I will do everything.  You can do what ever you want; read, exercise, computer.  Whatever!  And I will do all your chores.  Except cook, because I'm not big enough to do that."
I just smiled and thought she was really sweet.  Then tomorrow came and she told me all over again that it was my day off.  Where was her list of stuff do to?  I kept trying to see what she really wanted.  Why do you want to do all the chores?  Finally she told me she was hoping if she did extra chores I would pay her and she could earn money to but a CTR ring.  A ring that doesn't turn her finger green.

I came up with some different chores that aren't apart of the normal assignments.  We don't pay to do those.  She worked really hard; dusting my baseboards, cleaning out window sills, and even folded a load of towels.  She's a good worker.  But it's hard thinking of ideas that fit a 4 year old! 
Do you have any suggestions?

5 comments:

Kate Johnson said...

That is adorable. We have that problem as well. Maddie loves to help, but it is really hard to think of things for a two and a half year old to do. I think you came up with some great ideas!

Annie said...

That is probably one of the sweetest things ever. She is precious.

Shawn said...

Gabey's chore is unloading the silver ware from the dishwasher, and dustbustering under the table after dinner. Putting laundry away after you fold it might work too! Good luck. She sure is a sweet little thing. :)

The Monson Family said...

That is so sweet. (She brought a tear to my eye).

Michelle said...

How cute! What a sweet little girl! I have the same problem, trying to come up with "chores" Colby can do that I won't have to completly redo.