We had a lot of fun New Years Eve. After Blake adamantly saying we weren't having a party, weren't having anyone over, and definitely were not staying up until midnight, we did. And we had a great time. Nate and Bridget decided not to drive back to Montana on Friday because of weather so Blake decided he should be a good brother and have everyone over. Made me laugh so hard. He planned what we were having for dinner, gave out assignments and we were set.
Except that Cambrie and I had to fight our way in and out of Walmart for food for the party. That place was busier than at Christmas!
After eating we played game the kids could be included in.
Then at 8:00 we took the kids outside, in the below freezing cold, to bang pots and pans. I took it one step further and we went and knocked on the neighbors door- let the kids yell Happy New Years to them and bang their pots. It was hilarious.
-Thank you kind neighbors for putting up with me-
After the kids went to bed, the adults played a few more games. We stayed up playing hand and foot which Blake and I lost miserably at.
I am looking forward to 2011. It's amazing how fast things change. I'm ready for this fresh start!
1 comment:
Looks like a fun night. Gary was the only one that made it til mid-night. I fell asleep during a movie!
Post a Comment