It's finally time to see Mickey!
Before we could leave the hotel we found Mickey had left us Mickey Mail full of things we could use during our stay. We all had Mickey ears to wear, water bottles with our names on it, glow sticks for when it got dark, and fun autograph mats for the kids.
We planned on spending the day over at California Adventures. I was so excited to take Zane, Disney opened up Cars Land last year and Cars is one of his favorite things. (Do you remember the "I never leak" moment?) The plan was to get there early and stand in line for a fast past to ride Radiator Springs Racers. It was a good thing our neighbors are nice and saved a place for us in line with them. That line filled up fast! So while we had to wait we explored California.
We visited with a few characters, rode Toy Story Mania-which was new to us and became a fast favorite, and where we met another surprise...Nana and Papa were waiting for us as we got off the ride! Things are always awesome at Disneyland! We traumatized all the kids during the Bugs Life Show. Cambrie was screaming hysterically, GET ME OUT OF HERE, by the end. Oh my gosh I was laughing so hard. The water ride was another favorite, (especially Blake's) because of all the coaxing and drama to get Cambrie to go on it. Zane was all for it and even went twice. Cambrie was having a rough time but made it down, worried the whole time about the huge drop it makes. I think she was relieved and a little surprised that it wasn't so bad at the end.
Cars Land was the main reason I really wanted to take the kids this year.
I wasn't a bit disappointed either. It felt like you walked right into the Movie. It was amazing!
We loved Mator's Junkyard Jamboree. It was fun being thrown side to side. My favorite time was going with Jeff; we slammed into each other and laughed the whole way.
We ate at Flo's Cafe a few times, shopped at the stores, and finally got to go ride the Racers. Z loved it! Cambrie wasn't so sure. She did end up riding it a few times and decided it wasn't bad just not her favorite.
I hated leaving Radiator Springs but there was so much more to explore!
We loved the parade. The kids got so excited as each new character came our way.
Blake, Jeff, and I, rode Tower of Terror for the first time. Let me just say we screamed the entire ride. I don't think, no I know, I have never screamed on a ride like that before. While I'm not sure if I really enjoyed it, I want to do it again. I need to prove something to myself. I don't think I will ever talk Blake into going again but maybe Jeff.?
Our first day at Disney was a success.





No comments:
Post a Comment