Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Here we Come!

The day finally came!
We let Cambrie get all ready for school dressed in her best Fashion Disaster outfit knowing full well that she wouldn't be going to school for the day, or the rest of the week.  We were ready for Disneyland!  It's been so hard keeping this a secret.  Every ones bags were packed and they were in the car.  Now, how to break the news?
When Cambries carpool was a few minutes late she started getting worried.  That's when I said to her, Oh they aren't coming.  I thought it would be fun to do something fun as a family today!  I was really worried how she would take this.  She doesn't like missing school and today was really suppose to be a fun day.  But no worries, she started jumping up and down!  Zane had the same reaction when he found out he was missing school too.  Then again when Blake came home from work and they found out he was going to do something fun with us too!  The energy level was growing and it was lots of fun!  Mom came over to drive us to the airport and she played right along.  Cambrie ran to get in the car and came right back out-There are way too many "soup cases" in there for Dad to be going on a business trip!-(Blake had mentioned that we were dropping him off at the airport later for another business trip.)  He just smiled and we all got in the car.  That's when she asked, "Seriously, are we going on a vacation?"  So as we were turning out of our neighborhood Blake told everyone.  My favorite part has to be of Piper, who obviously doesn't know whats going on but can feel the excitement, was clapping, cheering, and bouncing around in her seat!
And we were off to start this fun adventure!
To be honest, I was a little worried about our littlest on the plane.  She doesn't like to sit still for very long.  She did wonderfully.  We had a few moments, yes, but when all said and done she did great.  Even better, I get to look at this picture forever.  I love daddy moments, I'm so grateful for these.  They are not uncommon at all around our house.  I am so lucky to have such a hands on companion.  She climbed right up on to his lap and feel asleep.

After finding our "AWESOME" and "cooler than the traverse" rental mini van we made our way to the beach.  It was the one thing Blake really wanted to be able to do.  Other than Disneyland of course.  Our day turned out so nice.  I love spending time with these guys!  The beach was beautiful and the time went way to fast!
 We still had a couple of surprises for us in store.  Mickey found our room and welcomed us by leaving new pajamas for Cambrie and Zane.  And then, we found our neighbors were there at the same hotel as we were!
 Mickey had found them as well.  I don't know how our day could have been any better!

No comments: