These cookies barely make it to the oven, let alone a plate. These chocolate chip cookies are by far our favorite. What makes them good? It could be the coconut, or the pecans, or the cinnamon. Maybe the butter, these are very good for you cookies! Delish!
Cowboy Cookies -WARNING- This makes a ton of cookies
3 cups flour
1Tbsp baking powder
1Tbsp baking soda
1 Tbsp ground cinnamon
1 tsp salt
1 1/2 cups (3 sticks) butter, at room temperature (butter is better than margarine!)
1 1/2 cups sugar
1 1/2 cups brown sugar
3 eggs
1 Tbsp vanilla
3 cups chocolate chips
3 cups old-fashioned oats
2 cups coconut
2 cups chpped pecans (very good if you like nuts!)
Mix flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt in bowl. Beat butter on medium speed until smooth and creamy. Gradually beat in sugars; beat to combine, 2 minutes. Add eggs, one at a time, beating after each. Beat in vanilla. Stir in flour mixture until just combined. Add chocolate chips, oats, coconut and pecans. Drop dough by 1/4 cup onto ungreased baking sheets, spacing 3" apart. Bake in 350 degree oven 17-20 min, until edges are lightly browned; rotate sheets halfway through. Makes about 3 dozen large cookies.
Because it makes so many cookies I like cutting it in half and making a smaller cookie. I still get plenty of cookies, usually, it depends on how much yummy dough we eat! My favorite thing to do is measure out the other half and put it in ziplock bags. Then when we are ready to make more it's all measured out and ready to go.
I dare you to make these cookies! We think they are absolutely fabulous!
*pictures coming soon, I have to eat a little more dough first...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Sounds so yummy! I love anything with coconut...however I can never get myself to eat dough--raw eggs! I will have to try this recipe...if I can get over the 3 sticks of butter. I'd need a great excuse for making these, because I know I would eat too many cookies!
Post a Comment