~On Sunday Blake made it to Thailand. He tried really hard to stay awake to adjust to their time. It failed and he didn't hear his alarm either. When he woke up there were no restaurants open, no room service and no vending machines to be found. He went to bed starving, not eating anything all day.
Blake's letter:
Well, it's likely that the staff at the restaurant thinks I am a huge pig. I was so hungry this morning so when I went to the restaurant I looked to find the meal with the most food possible. I found one that I thought ( half the menu was in Thai and the server and I had communication issues) was a two egg omelet, with some bacon and then a choice of two breads ( toast, pastry, croissant, or muffins) and a fruit plate. Anyway, it turned out that the omelet was four eggs and that it wasn't a choice of two breads, rather two of each of those breads. I ate everything, two croissants, two muffins, two pastries, two pieces of toast, the entire omelet, the entire fruit plate, two glasses of orange juice, and two glasses of water. I could still eat, but I ran out of food...and I have no idea how much it was costing me so I decided to stop. Anyway, I looked around a few times and I'm pretty sure they were amazed.
My internal clock is messed up, I slept ok, but now that I am awake, it feels like I should be going to bed shortly. Also, it is blazing hot here. I didn't make it one minute outside this morning before I was rolling up my sleeves as far as I could get them. It is about a five minute walk to the restaurant and my legs were soaking. I think it was because my pants are wool dress pants. Anyway, at about 7:30 this morning it was already about 90 degrees and I swear it is humid enough to be on the edge of it raining without it actually raining. Also, there are these weird frogs everywhere and they look strange. There are just wild dogs that follow you around and like Hawaii, there are wild chickens and roosters everywhere. The girls at the reception area say that the dogs and chickens/roosters are everywhere and that they do their best to keep them out, but there is only so much you can do. Also, the entrance to the property is guarded by guys with guns. Pretty cool. I'll try and get some pictures of them. My driver told me that is typical of places in Thailand even though I could walk outside the property and be just fine.
~I have never in my life seen Blake eat half as much as he ate for breakfast. I had tears because I was laughing so hard. I'm glad he finally got something to eat. It makes me a little nervous to think of people with guns outside of where he is staying. Even if it's just fine everywhere else.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
haha! I have never seen Blake eat that much either! What an adventure!
Post a Comment