~Blake is on route to Thailand for work. He left SLC Friday morning and after some redoing of his flight headed to LA. From LA he went to Tokyo then Singapore. From Singapore he finally made it to his destination of Thailand. He isn't able to use his cell phone so we have had a little contact with him over email. Here is one of his letters:
I made it to Singapore with no problems. Long long long long long day or day/night, or night/day/night. I think today is Sunday, but I'm not quite sure when I got to Sunday.
The Singapore Airport is amazing. Each terminal is like it's only little city with hotels/hostels, shopping, eating, salons, etc. I have been in both terminal 1 and terminal 2 and they are both about 2 kilometers long (1.2 miles) and about 300 meters (.20 miles) wide. Pretty cool place.
Anyway, I rented a "cubicle" with a blanket and tumbling mat in it to sleep for a few hours and also "rented" a shower. There were about 8 other "cubicles" and I slept good for about 90 minutes until the snorer showed up. I fought it for another 90 minutes and then gave up. I'm feeling ok though and the shower helped, but I have a terrible headache because of lack of sleep I assume. Haven't eaten in about 16 hours so I am going to find some breakfast and things will then be looking up!
~I did hear from him late Saturday night (our saturday) that he had arrived just fine. He said Thailand is beautiful. There was a driver there waiting for him. Just like the movies the driver was holding a sign with his name on it! Blake forgot to pack a camera so I am hoping he can buy something to take some pictures. I would love to see it too!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
That is very exciting! I remember checking my email every hour or so when Daniel was out of the country to see if he had written yet.
So, when is Blake going to take you to Thailand?!
Post a Comment